If you’re a gardener, farmer or land manager or just interested in how you can change what is happening in our community, this Holistic Management workshop will share material that will help improve your soil, the quality of the produce you grow and the way your life and business functions.
Holistic Management course | Gympie – Beginning Sept 2019
The teachings of Allan Savory presented by Jason Virtue from Landlife Education
Managing holistically can help you too:
- Increase your profits each year
- Increase habitat for wildlife
- Reduce and eliminate input costs
- More time for family and community
- Capturing and storing all of the rainwater
- A clear direction for your future
- Building and improving your soils
- Better family communication
- Less erosion and flooding
- Less weeds and problem animals
- Greater diversity of desirable plants
- Create a future for more than one generation, and
- Improve or create a community.
Course details below:
Session 1 – September 14 and 15, 2019
- History of Holistic Management and its success
- How we think and change – power of paradigms. Ecosystem function – how nature functions holistically
- Incorporating livestock as a tool for making change to our environment
- Diagnosing the root cause of problems
- What is causing biodiversity loss
- Improving productivity through sunlight capture, and
- Increasing the effectiveness of our rainfall.
Session 2 – October 19 and 20, 2019
- Review ecosystem function and the tools, Holistic Diagnosis of environmental problems
- The change process – how people change, personal profiling – what moves you, conventional decision making
- Holistic Context formation and goal setting
- discovering the testing matrix
- Testing decisions using a testing matrix
- Testing decisions – personal examples
- Improving our time management, and
- Setting you up to create a context / goal for your life / farm / business so you can begin making change right now.
Session 3 – November 9 and 10, 2019
- Review and photos
- Mastering the basics for Holistic grazing planning
- Feed budgets and plant monitoring
- Paddock walk and practical feed budgeting
- Complete case study for growing and non-growing season grazing plans
- Complete personal grazing plan
- Electronic spreadsheets for grazing planning, and
- Better communication.
Session 4 – December 7 and 8, 2019
- Introduction to Holistic financial planning
- Small business financial plan example,
- Communication exercises
- Review non-growing grazing plan
- Biological monitoring theory
- Paddock walk – set up a bio-monitoring site
- Introduction to Holistic land planning and key line
- Review, and
Ongoing telephone, email and teleconference support will be provided through the duration of the course to assist with implementation of the learnings. And one review and reconnect day 6 to 7 months after the end of the 8 days of training.
Planning for Two farm visits to practitioners in the Gympie area to see Holistic Management in action.
The 8 day course is delivered 2 days per month over four months, all study materials (text book, eBooks, all charts and worksheets) are included.
Here are a few You Tube videos that explain a little more of Holistic Management:
https://vimeo.com/201215707?outro=1 “ Fence and an Owner ”
https://vimeo.com/205479619 ” I sell water and sunshine ”
https://vimeo.com/80518559 ” Soil Carbon Cowboys ”
For further information please contact Jason on 0427 199 766 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org